Monday, January 17, 2011

Lemon Garlic Shrimp


I had a special request from my father for shrimp, so while browsing my new favorite food blog (the pioneer woman cooks) I noticed her recipe for Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp and decided to try it out. It was a huge hit and will definitely be included in my rotation of meals. I made a few changes to the recipe to suit my family.

Lemon Garlic Shrimp (I left out the spicy stuff)
2 pounds raw shrimp, deveined, shells on,
2 sticks cold unsalted butter cut into chunks,
1 tsp Kosher salt,
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1 lemon, juiced

Heat your oven to 375 degrees and while it is getting hot line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Place your frozen shrimp in a single layer on the baking sheet.

Put your butter, salt, garlic, parsley and lemon juice in a food processor and process until mixed together. If you don't own a food processor mash it together really well in a small bowl.

Put spoonfuls of your butter on top of the shrimp and place in the oven. Bake until the shrimp is opaque, around 8 minutes. Serve making sure to ladle plenty of juice on top of your shrimp.
Serve with white rice and bread to sop up the juices.

I was a little scared of the amount of butter in this recipe, but the water from the frozen shrimp helps to cut the butter. This recipe fed a family of 6 with some leftover for tomorrow night. However two of the six are under the age of 9 so adjust accordingly for your family. The adults in our group had a bottle of 2009 Verdad Albarino, which paired nicely with the shrimp.

I hope you all have fun cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment