Thursday, March 3, 2011

Steak and Mushroom Soup

As promised, tonight I am going to share a recipe you can use if you had any leftovers from the Steak and Mushroom Sauce recipe I posted on 2/16/2011. It is hard to get my family to eat leftovers so anything I can do to "disguise" the original dish is always appreciated. I like this soup because it has a great depth of flavor and is easy to make and quick to cook.


Steak and Mushroom Soup

1 cooked steak, diced (about one cup)
1 1/2 cups Mushroom Sauce (recipe posted 2/16/2011)
1 can (14 1/2 oz) low sodium/low fat chicken broth
1 can (14 1/2 oz) low sodium/low fat beef broth
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Croutons
Shredded Gruyere cheese

In a large pot combine the mushroom sauce, chicken broth, beef broth, water, celery seed and black pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes. Add the steak and simmer for 5 minutes more. Spoon into bowls and top with croutons and cheese.
Serves 4
Steak and Mushroom soup boiling away.

I served the soup with cheese, crackers and pears. It was a simple meal and we enjoyed it.

Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment